A small town of Varaždinske Toplice lies in the peaceful valley of the Bednja River, situated among picturesque green hills of the region of Hrvatsko Zagorje whose history dates back to the older Stone Age. During the Antique period, Varaždinske Toplice was a well known thermal spa called Aquae Iasae whose importance was well described by the fact that they were renovated by Roman Emperor Constantine in the 4th century.
According to the balneological analysis, thermal mineral water in Varaždinske Toplice contains calcium, sodium, hydrocarbonate, sulphate and sulfur and it has a temperature of 58°C. For all therapeutic treatments in Special hospital for medicinal rehabilitation Varaždinske Toplice people have been using thermal sulphur water and healing peloids from natural springs for almost thousand years.
With a thousand years of tradition and experience, our expertise and quality of services we provide, we have been listed among the best institutions providing physical therapy and rehabilitation in Croatia.
We provide the following medical services:
- Therapy and medicine rehabilitation, accommodation and food service activities for patients who suffer from diseases and conditions affecting musculoskeletal system (rheumatic diseases, orthopaedic disorders, posttraumatic damages and injuries, neurological disorders)
- Health protection and disease prevention for customers receiving a service program of active holidays with medical program, including accommodation and food service activities and outpatient therapy
- Services provided by speech therapists, special education teachers and psychologists
- Professional orientation and rehabilitation
- Medicinal practice services
- Outpatient therapy
- Outpatient diagnostic services: X-Ray, ultrasound, EMG test, laboratory examinations, functional examination of musculoskeletal and cardiopulmonary systems